Palmer is located on Hwy 115, 1 mile west of KS Hwy 15 in Washington County. There are 108 residents in Palmer. In 1879 a few buildings were moved from Pete’s Creek to a site two miles north next to the Union Pacific Railroad. E.A. Thomas laid out the town naming it for J. Palmer, the first superintendent of public instruction in the county. The community of Palmer was actually founded in 1882. The original jail is found in downtown Palmer. St. Paul’s Lutheran Church is a drive-by for the architecture enthusiasts.
The City Park features a baseball/softball diamond, playground and picnic area with shelter house and RV hook-ups. Scattered Acres Outfitting and Lodging is available to the avid hunter, as well as families. The Palmer Café serves the community and visitors with home style food choices. Palmer Labor Day Celebration is held each year on Labor Day.